First off, let’s just say how AWESOME this episode is, because, I don’t even know how to feel right now. Sad? Happy? Verbal regurgitation of rambling?
And that this is longer than my usual 9-10 posts because it’s the #(#$ING FINALE, YO. And… compensation because it’s late. Heh.
1) Recon mission with Mako n’ Korra. And then the awk-moment with Mako + Asami. … Damn, boy, you need some ice with that buurn?
2) Iroh’s fleet gets freaking blitzkrieged. (Anyone else think of that? Just me?) He is one beautiful man. Being the grandson of Zuko helps.
3) Just adding in: intensified passionate dislike for Hiroshi Sato. UGH, that man. You ARE a terrible father.
3) Korra + Mako sneak in the Air Temple and find out Tarrlok’s sob story.
4) Amon/Noatok and Tarrlok are brothers. BROTHERS. I GUESS THIS KINDA MAKES SENSE, because a) Amon resisted Tarrlok’s bloodbending, and b) OBVS they wouldn’t make a 2D evil character. Ho, no. He has to have, le gasp, a backstory to his evil deeds.
5) Amon was nice before he was evil. What.
6) Speaking of, Amon/Noatok’s evil villain deeds: a) capturing Tenzin’s family, b) face-painting a really big Zuko!scar on his face (HOW DARE HE), c) bloodbending, d) takes Korra’s bending away… HE TAKES KORRA’S BENDING AWAY.
7) Asami and Hiroshi showdown. Gahh, hate that man. Hate that man. Hate that man.
8) Iroh takes down the air fleet. Singlehandedly. Aang’s Amon!mask falls off.
9) Korra airbends. Heh. Heh. Heh. Yes.
10) Korra meets the Avatars and GETS HER BENDING BACK.
11) Lin GETS HER BENDING BACK via Korravatar.
12) Bloodbending brothahs commit suicide.
13) Mako and Korra confess their lurrrve for each other. Dudes, even though I’m a staunch Makorrian, that “I realized… THAT I LOVE YOU” scene was so cheesy I got a toothache.
WHATEVS, GUYS. I GOT MAH SHIP.